This week I’m totally obsessed with:
1) Seeing the “Train Inspired” movies showing on the High Line, culminating with one of my favorite movies of all time, Strangers on a Train. I’m totally obsessed with the idea of watching this Hitchcock classic on top of the High Line, and Style Island just loves New York-ish things like these that make living here so special. Because of so many extenuating circumstances, I’m not sure I’ll make it there which saddens me. But I can still obsess about it.
2) Dinner Theater. Actually, let me clarify. I’m pretty much always obsessed with dinner theater; the idea of eating while watching a show, be it jazz, comedy, and in the last year, burlesque excites me, and makes me feel like I’m living in the 1940’s. There is a scene from Barefoot in the Park, where they go out to Staten Island and Belly dancers are dancing all around the straight laced Robert Redford character, and it’s forever etched in my brain. I’m on a perpetual quest to find places like this. Let me tell you, they are few and far between, and not easy to find. Last year, desperate to go to a burlesque show for my 30th birthday, I found this amazing restaurant, Duane Park. It’s a throwback to an old Vaudeville scene, and while you eat your pre-fixe 3 course meal, girls dance around performing burlesque. That is Friday and Sat. On Thursday night’s you’re treated to jazz, in old school style, a glammed up MC, a magician and a sexy contortionist. Last night my boyfriend and I did this, and not only did we have a blast, he had to go on stage as part of the “novelty”, and unhinge the contortionist from her own limbs. My biggest regret in life to date is that I don’t have a picture of this act, only my memory forever hysterical watching him hold her up. This place is one of my favorite spots on the whole Island, and I will definitely not only go back, who wants to join me?
3) Weddings. I’m not normally obsessed with weddings, but I’m going to a good friend’s wedding this weekend, with a bunch of other good friends, and I’m sure there will be a lot of tears, and a lot more laughs. Starting with this evening, when I attempt to try on the mint green Marni copy dress I bought for this occasion, and see if it still zips up the back. I have been teasing her about showing off her ring every time she brushes her hair off her face, and finally after 7 years together, they get to make it official. And another single girl on the island bites the dust…… Maybe I’ll catch the bouquet? stay tuned……
4) The Jeffrey Campbell Lita Shoe, the hot shoe of the season, but this one with edgy spikes, plus with that much height, I can almost pass for a model… okay, almost….
Pre-Order at Fredflare.com
5) Starting my next book in the Hunger Games series, Catching Fire. I’ve written a few times About my obsession with not being able to put down Hunger Games, and now that I got a borrowed copy of Catching Fire, from a fellow obsessed reader, I’m prepping for 90% look down while walking, talking, and riding the subway, other islanders beware… Yes, Im that girl reading while walking…