1) This week I’m obsessed with BIG RINGS. Especially the one I bought at a little hippie store in Kumari Beach in Santorini, Greece. It was only 3 Euro, but amazing how happy something for $5 can make you.
2) Ryan Gosling in Crazy Stupid Love. Because like many other girls sweating recently to exhaustion on the island, sitting in air conditioning eating a bag of popcorn and re-heating up watching Ryan’s abs is hmm lets see- TOP of my list of wknd to do’s — in an alternate universe, he himself is on top of that list of to-do’s- literally.
3) Do you like See Food? This week sea food seems to be the winning food obsession of choice. Thursday night, after months of attempting to eat at the John Dory Oyster Bar, only to leave, head hanging, not ready to wait 2 hours for a table, I finally got to to try to oysters I’ve been dying for. I was seated right away, and went on to indulge in the most amazing oyster sampler, buffalo mozzarella, salmon, and topped it all off with 2 crab shooters with avacado puree that we cheers’d to as if they were actual shots. Tonight the obsession continues with a big girls dinner at the Mussel Pot in the village. And the affair continues….
4) OUTBLUSH.com. I have to admit, I found this website accidentally, as is the case with most stuff that winds up being amazing on the internet. There are a million shopping websites from high end Gilt, to invite only Ideeli, to ones that condense everything together like shopstyle. I don’t use them that often, but I am so obsessed with Outblush, that I have to share it, although secretly I’d rather not. Now, it’s not a shopping website, it just leads us to great items, and amazing deals, but I have to say the items they feature are awesome. It’s easy to use, simple to navigate, and I have already created a huge wish list file since Monday. Totally obsessed, and I’m hoping the obsession runs out before the money in my wallet. Check it out on facebook here
5) Move, Bitch, get out the Way- Luda said it best. And this week, I’m listening- I’m moving, and getting out of the way…. Of myself…. I just moved out of my childhood home, which technically was a forced decision that turned into a choice. And I’ve never felt clearer. But condensing two homes into 1 is a huge task, and currently my house looks like it’s own storage unit. I’m not that excited to unpack, but I am really excited to dig through treasures, desperately try to hoard less, and cleanse more, and then see what’s left after that. The redecoration will be the most exciting part- Much more to come on this, including designs posts, ideas, and a give-away contest! New bedroom, new roommate, new friends. For a large part of my life, I’ve feared change, but this week, I’m a little obsessed with it.