This Friday, April 22nd, Earth Day is having an exclusive birthday party, and everyone is on the list. This Friday mark’s Earth Day’s 41rst anniversary in the world, and with it, a plethora of ways to celebrate. These days, with more and more people getting eco-conscious, and with so many products, companies and advertisers trying to go green, there is no limit to the impact we can make on the world, whether it be with our fashion, our home, our choices, and ultimately, ourselves…. They say we all have a carbon footprint on the world. Be it Tory Burch, Louboutin, or Manolo, leave your impression on the planet… but make sure it’s a stylish one.
Here are 5 ways you can stylishly celebrate the big bash:
1) RIDE A BIKE – Lucky for us, This limited edition Kate Spade bike just came out. Not only is biking good exercise, good for the planet, and all around fun, you will literally be Green just for riding it. 🙂
2) Rock fashion made from recycled, and natural materials– There are a lot of fashion lines out there that tout all natural fabrics, and this industry is only just beginning. H & M has launched an eco- conscious line that is all that and something the others are not, necessarily… affordable. So it’s good for the planet, and good for your wallet.
3) Use a water bottle every day — Check out this brand, Water Bobble, that is basically a water bottle, and a compact, transportable Brita all in one, and quite affordable. Now even more reason to pass by that cute guy at work’s desk just a few more extra times a day on your way to the water cooler.
4) Carry the weight of the world on your shoulders—- The Feed line, and concept, helped in part by the creativity and brain of Lauren Bush, who I find quite admirable, has grown so much, that the collection now includes baby one-sies, bracelets, and t-shirts. To think it all started with one feed back. I have one, and it’s amazing for carrying groceries, or larger items. And when you purchase one, you’re not only helping yourself, which is not only fashion conscious, it’s fashion with a conscience.
5) DO SOMETHING! The easiest way to contribute without spending money on something FABULOUS?- get outside! Here are some ideas:
Recycled Container Gardening at different locations
For more ideas on what to do, events to attend, and how to volunteer click here